Monday 1 October 2018

Inktober | Witch

Welcome to my first Inktober! Last year I showcased a comic strip at the end of the month starring some Halloween themed characters. After the success of my Santa and Elle series, I knew I'd have what it takes to do Inktober this year. So Madge, Silverside and the rest of the 'Sbookies' are back! Every day this month you'll be introduced to a citizen of this haunted land, so without further ado it's time for character one.

Madge the Witch


Madge is one of the characters you'll be familiar with. She's a young witch taking a course in witchcraft at college and she can't stand parrots. Madge is intelligent but naive, which allows her roommate to sometimes get the better of her.

Madge has changed a bit since we last saw her. Firstly Madge has grown a bit, her limbs are about twice the length now which will allow her more artistic potential. In her former height, I hadn't really thought through how poseable she would be, in hindsight I feel there would be limitations with the legs. The other changes are accidental but I'll roll along with it. The colour scheme for Madge's costume is slightly different but it uses the same colours. Madge's hat is now purple to match her dress and her hair is black to make up for it.

Madge is not only one of the Sbookies seen in last year's comic but is one of the original three designs created for this concept! She's one of my favourite designs and even after these modifications is still looking cute as I hope all of these Sbookies will be capable of. Tomorrow's character is going to be less cute but is Halloween creature of my own design, so be sure to come back tomorrow to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment