Friday 5 October 2018

Inktober | Black Cat

Silverside the Cat


Back in day one I presented Madge the witch, can hardly go on without giving a black cat can I? From the original Sbookies comic, here's Silverside! She's a cheeky extroverted cat who lives with Madge who likes to do as she pleases without thinking of the consequences.

Silverside's design hasn't been through any changes other than her extended limbs as well as her lighter toned whiskers and lashes. She's got a unique design compared to even the Droey and Co. characters and though she'd look weird from the side this design captures the cute appeal that I'm aiming for. The design is heavily influenced by Darwin Watterson from The Amazing World Of Gumball, the show's two main characters sharing the sort of dynamic I was aiming for when I created Madge and Silverside a year ago.

So we're five days into Inktober now, about a sixth of the way there! Be sure to keep coming back to see if I can conquer all thirty one days. If you're doing Inktober, I hope you're enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment