Friday 20 October 2017

PG | The Five Types Of Art Students

WARNING

ADULT SUPERVISION MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS PARTICULAR ENTRY, PROCEED WITH CAUTION

I had a watch at LavenderTowne's video about five different types of art students and thought I would give them a draw. And if you're wondering why I put a warning on this blog post, you can blame the shock artist.

Here is the illustration with the original designs for these five students.


It was just a fun rough illustration done in ball point pen, I would definitely like to draw this again with their finalized designs, and I would most probably exclude Shock's use of the middle finger with something a little tamer, but hey! She's here to shock so why not?

And now you may see four of the new designs, coloured as well!


So from top left to bottom right, we have the 'Art should be this Artist', 'Shock Artist', 'Zombie Artist', 'Can't get anything done Artist'. You'll notice I gave them fairly monochromatic colour schemes, but that I just mean grey-scale with a particular colour to make them stand out. Between the four of these, choosing colours to represent them was no challenge. You'll also notice that for the most part these four remain just as they did in original illustration, however that is not the case for our fifth artist.


Here is the 'Weeaboo Artist'. I felt that while her original design did resemble the anime art style, that I could have done a better job of it, especially with the hair. Her new hairstyle is taken from legitimate Japanese hairstyles, exaggerated to some extent and given a pink dye with white highlights. As I am typing this, I've realized that I've forgotten her blushies, goodness knows what Mark Crilley would say if he found out!

So how about it, do you think I made decent interpretations of these artists? I'm by no means competing with LavenderTowne, it's merely just having a go at it myself. Chances are you'll see these five artists again, and perhaps an expanded world with more artists? We'll see in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment