Saturday 14 October 2017

Chemical X - The Powerpuff Collection

I'm hoping that two weeks of work have paid off. No I haven't been at this for two weeks, but it has been two weeks from start to finish, finding time was a complication.


So this was recently after 'The Power Of Four' came out, and thus I was still slightly attached to the theme of PowerPuff Girls, this is the masterpiece that broke me from that state of mind.

I set out to draw every cannon 'PowerPuff' or counterpart that I knew of. I know there was an episode where some guy called Dick made tons of them but I did not count that. And so from top to bottom (and left to right) is a list of everyone here:

Bunny - From 'Twisted Sister'
Dynamo (The Magzord of Townsville)
Princess Morbucks (has been a member on multiple occasion and intended to join the team in her debut)
/Mojo Jojo - From 'Mr. Mojo's Rising', my first and favourite episode
Bliss - From 'The Power Of Four'
Boomer, Brick and Butch the RowdyRuff Boys
Bullet - From 'Stray Bullet'
Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup the PowerPuff Girls

This piece was done with watercolour pencil and my micron fineliners. For the most part I had a blast with this project, particularly when putting them to paper for the first time. After that the fun stopped until it came to giving them colour. While unfortunatley Buttercup looks a little radioactive, I am proud of how the colours have turned out. It could be a sign of improvement for my use of the watercolour pencils!

But now I think it's time to give those pencils a little break and return to my other mediums, old and new. More to come in the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment