Saturday 30 September 2017

It's Legal So They Do

Does anyone remember Mac and Quaid? If you don't, you can either find out about from posts back in February, the 100th post or the Droey and Co. page. For those who do, here they are again, and they're getting married!


I used a situation prompt and it told me to draw the 'dream wedding'. As I started thinking about wedding, the first thing that came to mind was Mac and Quaid, who haven't really seen much attention but that was about to change.

I now consider their artwork to have told a chronological story, their debut in February being the proposal. And here they are finally getting their rings and they couldn't be happier! Unlike the vicar witnessing their marriage.

After using a variety of equipment for my 100th post, I rediscovered the glory of ballpoint pens and so used them for this work of art. The shading for this went alright but unfortunately there was a minor mishap when I accidentally placed shadows on the wrong side of Mac's arm, the light is supposed to radiate from the center of the illustration. Another issue was the proportion problem that Tenvad is suffering from, her legs having increased in height and perhaps her overall body being too small. That's what I get for working with a limited space.

Are you looking forward to seeing more of this couple? And how about the rest of Droey and Co., are you wanting more frequent appearances from them? Be sure to let me know and I'll see what can be arranged for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment