Monday 4 September 2017

The Aplhabet Challenge | R

R is for Roley



Ah Bob the Builder. Used to be a pretty decent cartoon. While the show never got any better than it formerly was, it was good while it lasted, even gaining enough fame for his name to last to this day.

As a tribute to the former Bob the Builder series, here is Roley. Funny thing is that all the while I used to think he was a rather depressed character, simply because of his mouth piece, but as you see it in this drawing, he can smile.

Much like my entry for Q, Roley is inked with pen. Although the colours are slightly off from his actual colour scheme. The green is a bit bright, the mouth piece is too dark and his cab it a bit short. Other than that I think Roley came out rather well.

I think out of all of Bob's crew, Roley would have been the easiest one to draw aside from Dizzy. The only mystery when it came to making this was the cab interior, which I don't recall actually seeing on the show. There were no images for it that I could find either, so I assumed it would be made so someone can sit inside him, which would defy Bob the Builder logic, everyone seems to just hang from the side of the vehicles.

Have you seen the letter Q? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as previous entries. Look out for S coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment