Saturday 16 September 2017

It's Time To Face The Music!

To sum it all up, only one thing would really need to be said and that is, The X Factor is back.


For the past few years I did actually watch the show but now I no longer do. While one of my favourite singers was an X Factor contestant, I am to say the least disappointed with the show's more recent outcomes. Despite this, members of my family still enjoy this show very much so I do still end up being aware of what is going on with the show. Time to face a few months of musical madness!

This was done using some colour pencils, it's simply that. No sketch layer done in pencil first, I have used only colour pencils all from two families, Blue and Red. As you can see, the blue colouring was used on Droey while the red on that iconic X. I was considering the addition of yellow for some lighting but I decided to stick to just the two colours otherwise it would start looking a bit like Superman's costume!

One thing I would change about this is the position Droey is stood in. If he were slightly towards the left, then he would align perfectly with the X, which was my intention. Now I am aware that an X across someone is quite commonly used to connote death or an approaching death, but I can assure you that is not the case, Droey won't be going anywhere. He is simply trying to cover up the X, plus the X is behind him and covering his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment