Friday 8 September 2017

Drawing Spooky Icons

So I felt like drawing or creating characters. Nothing complicated or detailed, just simply drawing characters for the fun of it and the theme I chose was spooky icons, particularly those seen around the Halloween season which, there's no point in denying, is on it's way.


Here are the original three, all named and all designed around the three basic shapes. Composed of circles is Jack O'Lantern (how original), or squares is Adam / and then of triangles is my favorite of the designs, Madge Pell. I liked this witch so much that I had to draw her again.


And so here she is in front and side view. I changed the costume after the first drawing slightly. I didn't remove the hat from the design, but I wanted to draw Madge's full head to get a full concept of her hair style. Her sleeves are now separate from her dress and the hair tucks itself in towards her head rather than dropping straight down.

In addition to this, I tried a skeleton resembling the skeleton costumes people wear on Halloween, which would mean that the bones are bonded together by a suit. I also created a spider (which probably won't be returning without a redesign. Lastly is the scary tree, inspired by those trees with scary faces and those which come alive and walk out from the ground. This would be some strange entity with a tree like shell, inspired by the character Penny from 'The Amazing World Of Gumball'.

That's all I can say about this for now but you may see more from these spooky designs some time soon, especially since next month is October.

No comments:

Post a Comment