Monday 20 March 2017

The Alphabet Challenge | F

F is for great uncle Ford



While my previous entry to this challenge saw us plunge into new depths with a digital composition, this one sees us return to the traditional coloured pencils. It's been too long since one of these was done in pencil and Stanford Pines, also known as simply Ford was the suitable candidate for this medium.

I love Gravity Falls, as I'm sure many cartoon lovers will. But the only main character I had not drawn yet was this guy. I believe I have done him justice and really enjoyed using the pencils to create his stubble texture. I found a pose that I loved from 'Mabel And The Last Unicorn' which I just had to replicate, but the pose was all I replicated as in the original scene, Ford is just over thirty years younger and wearing a different attire.

Lastly I couldn't resist adding Bill Chipher in the back, something for Ford to run away from. I understand it may look like he's dancing on Ford's arm but I can assure you Bill is just further back, I should've thought about that before inking Bill into the piece.

Have you seen the letter E? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as all previous entries. Look out for G coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment