Saturday 4 March 2017

John Esposito - An OC made out of Pizza?

You've read me right, this OC was made out of a pizza. Here my explanation for this.

After doing a bit of housework the family decided to order a pizza, who doesn't want to eat a takeaway pizza? So I did this sketchy drawing of Droey Drawson, Anne and Tenvad engaging in a small pizza party with another OC, at the time just a body with no identity.

Initially I was going along with the idea of a takeaway delivery guy, which I reckon he still would be but I just became more interested in just making as many links in his design to pizzas as possible. For example, rather than give him the average round head I've shaped it as a rounded triangle with a beard where you'd find a pizza crust. And the spot pattern on his jacket for pepperoni of course.


Another thing to add is that before deciding what colours to give him, I tried one of the colour theory tests. Probably my favourite method, and still the only one to date I have learnt, is the method where you take an image and select colours found from it. The picture I took was of a slice of pizza and the only colour on this design not from that slice is the green which I used to contrast the rest of the colours.

Also I gave John some chinos and a polo shirt. I've never drawn chinos before, would you believe that?

Do you think I should make more food based OC's? If you then add some suggestions in the comments and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment