Friday 17 March 2017

Moving Vehicle Challenge | Hurricane!

I'll keep it simple, the only reason I did this challenge is because of what that title describes. I was taking a train but unlucky me had to have his train tickets booked for the same day Hurricane Dorris would be arriving at platform UK. As a result, I was rerouted on every leg of my journey and even delayed. And so we're here:


Don't worry, I didn't touch this paper unless the train was moving, I'm not cheating. You'll notice I'm using lined paper this time, and that's because I was using my memo book instead of a sketchbook, because that was what I had handy on the train. I started off by drawing in pencil, which is the train above. I couldn't help but draw a train while I was on the train. After coming to terms with how I'd be drawing, I moved on to the piece below.

Yes, Droey is wearing the attire of Sir Topham Hatt [The Fat Controller]. I drew him in pencil first and then went over the line work in pen. This came out better than I expected, but then again the rails of a train are smoother than the roads and perhaps if I do this again I should move on to the hard mode, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment