Friday 24 March 2017

J'ba Fofi [Character Mashup Designs | Spiderman meets Tarzan]

I recently watched Tarzan, without a doubt my favourite Disney film of all time and watching him swing on his vines reminded me of Spiderman. That is genuinely all it took to get me to do this. I was intent on creating a character design which combined the elements of these two legends.


One thing I was certain on was J'ba Fofi having a mask, as not just Spiderman but most superheroes would. This mask is inspired by the many variants of jungle masks as I wanted this character to belong in the jungle, very much like Tarzan. This explains the chosen name, J'ba Fofi being a spider from the African jungles.

My only concern is his costume. I considered him having the spider emblem painted onto him but I felt that this didn't look primitive enough for the design and so to prevent him from looking too much like Tarzan, I gave him a cloth that covers half of his chest as well.

I didn't get around to colouring him, maybe I'll do this again in the future and give J'ba Fofi the finish he deserves. If anyone is interested, he was going to have a colour scheme of brown and yellow. Let's hope he returns in the future so he can be made official.

No comments:

Post a Comment