Saturday 11 March 2017

Scene Recreation | Split Personality

I'm sure there's fans of Phineas and Ferb out there. And you'll have probably worked out what this is. Do you remember that episode when Phineas and Ferb build a molecular separator and Candace ends up being splitted into her Jeremy loving side and her Busting side? Well here's my favourite moment from that episode!


Recreating scenes is something I'd love to do and should do more, and maybe add some backgrounds as well. But regardless this was a wonderful amount of fun to recreate. I kept struggling to decide just which of these three I felt was drawn best. Although it is weird to have drawn Candace without her neck, maybe if she is drawn in the Drawson style again I'll give her the neck back.

You may notice as well that unlike most of my pieces, the lines are varying in width. I wanted to do this because I've heard from artists that varying your line widths can make your piece more interesting. My style will always be to keep lines at the same consistency but I do love this method and it certainly did make this more interesting. In particular, this is the case with Candace where all of her most tense features have thicker lines.

Are there any scenes or characters you'd like to see recreated in the Drawson style or just in general? If so, be sure to let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment