Saturday 18 August 2018

Using a stripper to cut the grass? 12+

The content in this post may contain content that is unsuitable for young children. Please proceed with caution.

Although to be fair I've done worse, I just think it's necesary to inform you just in case,

In a gardening related discussion, someone incorrectly said 'stripper' instead of a 'strimmer', thus allowing me to take advantage of this mistake to make a humorous art piece!


This is the first time I have drawn anything gardening themed. ... It also happens to be the first time I've drawn a stripper. No I didn't go looking for references to draw the stripper, not even for the pose! I did however look for references for the lawn mower and rotary washing line. I decided to keep this piece a little Egyptian in style as to how there is little to no perspective and a demand for seeing the side view,

My characters however did not abide the laws of Egyptian illustration and allowed the piece to look a little more three dimensional. I stuck to mostly dull or natural colours everywhere on the illustration except for the stripper, being a little out of place given that she is seemingly gardening while she works!

Indeed this was a humorous endeavour and on a level of adult humour close to the park bench illustration last year! I hope this was able to brighten up your day and that you now have something to smirk or laugh about as you go about your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment