Wednesday 8 August 2018

Knuckles and Rouge

I watched the Sonic Mania shorts recently and they got me hyped to do some Sonic fan art, but I also considered converting one of the Sonic characters into the classic style. I ended up choosing Rouge and this is the result.


I wanted to redesign Rouge to suit the classic style Sonic stuff. Her design is better suited to the modern style and her body type certainly is not conventional of the classic style so this was s fun challenge. My decision was to give her s full sleeveless jumpsuit with s heart emblem. I think the idea of the design was a sensible change but I forgot when colouring that I was going to make her jumpsuit purple to contrast the wings!

As for Knuckles, it was simply just looking up his classic design and drawing it. The Master Emerald was drawn behind with the proportions shown in the Sonic Mania Adventures, though I've never been through the struggle of shading an emerald gem before. Suffice to say it's not been shaded to match the shape of the actual Master Emerald.

This piece didn't meet my hopes but I don't often draw characters other than Sonic himself, at least not these years. Perhaps I'll get better at Sonic characters again in future, but I'm not so fussed in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment