Wednesday 22 August 2018

My Feet Are Off The Ground

I was motivated to draw some realism and there's nothing like a good action pose. Since I wanted to focus on drawing the body, I chose probably the only hero to currently wear a full spandex bodysuit and rock it, it's Miraculous Ladybug!


Sadly her foot did not make it onto the page, which I was a little disappointed about but aside from that I really love this! In the space of one day I had Marinette completely illustrated! I took reference for the action pose and then once it was done I illustrated Marinette's hair and facial features, applied the collar and her yo-yo, then it was a matter of applying all of the spots which took a little research!

The next day, the rest was accomplished. Hawkmoth was first after a fair amount of research in pose reference and Hawkmoth's design. After that was the unfortuneatley drunken looking Chat Noir and lastly was the sky backdrop in which I included a load of butterflies, Marinette must've had quite a busy day!

I returned to my method of inking a bad colour and then applying shading with the pencils, excluding the sky backdrop. I allowed myself no more than three colours for Hawkmoth and Chat, while allowing myself only red and blue for Ladybug. Given that I have wrongly ignored my realism for a while, I am thrilled with how Ladybug turned out and might even give it a shot for doing an action pose dedicated to Chat Noir.

Are there any spandex wearing heroes that you're into? If you're looking to do a piece with focus on anatomy, I'd give this sort of thing a try, be it Spiderman, Batgirl or even an OC, give it a shit and see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment