Saturday 11 August 2018

Did Hurt break his hand?

So the Dr Men book series is seemingly completed with a set of twelve books. But there are two more incarnations of The Doctor officially, so how would they look as a part of the collection? Let's find out!


Firstly is the John Hurt doctor, which surprisingly didn't get a book! I suppose it wouldn't have been easy to write a child friendly story for a doctor who spent his time fighting the time war, but that's not to say there was nothing to work with.

I gave War Doctor an orange skin tone since only Doctor Fourth had orange skin, and additionally the orange suited the flames of the time war. I took a little inspiration from Mr. Grumpy for the body type and nose while taking Dr. Ninth's shoes since they were a part of Hurt's costume.

His right hand was meant to be scratching his head as some Mr. Men tend to do when they worry, but as you can see I stupidly got the hand the wrong way around! My only saving grace is that he could have just wiped his brow due to stress caused by the war.


The other incarnation that was missed out and unsurprisingly was the upcoming incarnation played by Jodie Whittaker. Perhaps in a couple of years we could see a Dr. Thirteenth book once the audience know her Doctor better, but I couldn't wait that long to see her join the Dr. Men and so she is given a design by myself.

While it may not be so easy to see with her hair in the way, I have given Dr. Thirteenth a semi-circle shape like Mr. Chatterbox, a shape which none of the Dr. Men have used. Whittaker also has a pit of ears, her boots and some high socks. Her skin tone is a shade of violet though I think it's a little close to pink for my liking. I'm not sure if this would be her official colour, I'm not entirely sure how the choosing of colours for the Dr. Men went down for the other twelve but this is just what colour I assume she would get.

Of course, they are not the only Doctors not to get a book, for if you go beyond the mainstream Doctor Who, you'll find there are several actors more who have depicted the Doctor, including Peter Cushing and Rowan Atkinson. Be sure to let me know if you'd like to see any of the other doctors depicted as Mr. Men, I'd gladly give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment