Wednesday 4 July 2018

I'm Sorry For What I Did; I Miss You

In February last year a rather unusual piece came onto this blog and it certainly attracted some attention. This was a giant frog holding a bloody sphere as he looked at his reflection, full of regret. Well after over a year's absence he's back!


There have been a few minor changes to the concept in which the frog man is less giant and more so just large compared to humans. This is not a draw this again though I wouldn't mind trying to recreate that original masterpiece, this is instead different point in time and clearly Gorf the frog man used to be more sane, but he also used to be less lonely.

The lady in his picture is his beloved, no longer with him but they were clearly a happy couple. Gorf  still loves her, but clearly he has done something so bad that he will never see her again. I have to confess that I don't have a solid story behind any of this but it's about time that I saw to giving Frogman his story and letting the world know what he did, why he did it and what the consequences are (beside lots of blood).

I realise that excluding anything Gorf related I haven't actually been doing any ball point pen shading properly and should get more practice with it, though I like how it has been exclusive to Gorf. I had access to better markers this time so streaky colours was a less significant problem and the smaller scale helped my shading in this illustration. I've found I usually work better with ball point shading when I work smaller. Though as I was finishing up this masterpiece, I realised there was one thing that contradicted the original... Gorf's left arm has grown back!

Let me know when you want to see more of Gorf and I can see to it that some of his mysteries are put to a conclusion! We can discover his secrets together and expose him for the things he's done! And if you have no idea what any of this is about, here's the original picture that all of this has spawned from.

PLEASE NOT THE ILLUSTRATION BELOW CONTAINS BLOOD, VIEW WITH CAUTION


No comments:

Post a Comment