Wednesday 11 April 2018

Practice Is Handy

On this occasion I find myself practicing hands, since I don't want to risk getting sloppy with them. I have had some concern about my hands so it's time to fight that.


Thankfully I discovered a couple of videos, one of which is a hand tutorial and the other is a sketching video. I sought to attempt hand poses I had not tried before or knew I would need to work on, but first I would get my practice from the tutorial video. I learnt the great tip about how the fingers should all align with the wrist ball as is seen of the hand furthest right.

I have marked which hands were drawn by highlighting the right hands in blue and the left hands in green. I did aim to draw the same amount of each hand but such was not the case in the end. For the most part, the hand were rather correct but there were two that I felt did not meet up to the standards of the rest of them.

Towards the end of this excersise I decided it would be a good idea to also attempt hands in the Drawson style, since the blog's O.C.s are drawn in said style and their hands would have to be adapted to fit that style.

If you ever find that your skills are getting rusty, sketching it out is always the best way around it. Try not to care so much about the sketch when you are making it otherwise you'll be too focuses to make what you sketching worth it's practice. We do sketches in order to improve our masterpieces, so go as quick and as casually as you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment