Friday 3 November 2017

The Alphabet Challenge | V

V is for Vanessa Doofenshmirtz


I had little access to Americanized television in my younger years, only getting to watch what Freeview had to offer. Regardless I was able to discover Phineas and Ferb and watched almost 2 complete seasons. It certainly was one of the greats and so I couldn't not feature one of their characters in this challenge. Since I've never drawn her before, it's time to give the spotlight to Vanessa Doofenshmirtz.

I wanted to make a more dynamic piece than the typical 'I don't care' sort of look in most of her promotional artwork. The best source for what I was looking for would be her musical number 'I'm Me'. While I would have to improvise from the knees down, the rest would just be a matter of drawing what I saw.

While taking my own spin on the art style, most of Vanessa remains exactly as it does in the show, two definite differences being her nose and hairlines. This includes the grey outline around her jet black costume, I doubt there'd be any other way I could ink her clothes and do them justice. If only I had shaded her costume like the rest of her, perhaps it might have looked alright.

Have you seen the letter U? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as previous entries. Look out for W coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment