Saturday 8 July 2017

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

In the past week, the time had come that my vision of having long hair dreads. It was time to get short with my hair, literally. I got a cut and now my hair is about half the length I think; well it had to be done at some point, I'm growing it back.


I don't genuinely have an emotional attachment to my hair, don't worry. But I couldn't resit my cartoon counterpart giving his hair a farewell, leaving with the hamper like Pingu and so forth. It was a fun drawing to make and rather experimental with the brush pen.

Normally as much as I like the brush pen, it does tend to bring difficulty when I use it for outlining, probably because I'm a bit OCD with my art. But with this, the 'Hair Man', every stroke came naturally and went really well with the rest. I particularly like how the inking has made this character stand out against Droey, I'm always drawn to look straight at him.

Will Droey's hair be staying this way or will cartoon logic grow it back by the next time you see him? That I can't decide yet, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment