Saturday 22 July 2017

Doctor Who? Doctor Jodie?!

Now for the past week there has been some pretty big news which some probably saw coming but still takes many by surprise. For the past fifty years, fictional time traveler The Doctor has been portrayed by over thirteen white males but that tradition is broken as of next year as the first female hops on board the cast to canonically portray The Doctor. Good luck Jodie Whittaker!


Here you can see my prediction for a costume design that she would be given. Now I made this the very hour I discovered she would be the Doctor so if there's any information since that contradicts this design, then so be it.

For this design I looked up femenine portrays of The Doctor, both generally and gender-bent counterparts. I also tried to give her something unique as every Doctor tends to have their own trademark, such as the stripy scarf, the fez or umbrella. Perhaps I could have done more with this design but the best I could come up with at the time was this jacket which didn't resemble any Doctors past.

I hope I have done both The Doctor and Jodie Whittaker justice with this interpretation and also hope her official costume will look something like this, just for the sake of making a pretty spot on prediction!

What do you think is to come for Doctor Who with our new female lead? Keeping all opinions respectable, please feel free to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment