Monday 17 April 2017

The Alphabet Challenge | H

H is for Henry the Green Engine



It was inevitable that the characters of Thomas the Tank Engine were going to steam their way into my Alphabet Challenge. Out of all of them, I felt like taking the challenge of Henry most. He's a rather complex character, both in terms of personality and physical appearance, it's almost like nothing can be definite about him. Fans of the show may have noticed I have based him primarily on his Season 1 model, post Crewe rebuild.

I haven't used pen ink for some time in this challenge so I returned to the bold colours of my pens for this particular entry. In fact, this piece is a first in my challenge for being a multimedia peice, there is an element of sketch pencil used for Henry's face. The art style is my own take of the art style linked below.


What may come to you as a surprise is that despite my passion for the franchise, I actually draw content of it very rarely! I certainly used to draw the engines of Sodor more frequently than this, but gradually moved away from drawing trains or any transportation for that matter. Considering this absence, the resulting illustration impressed me. Perhaps this is a step to a new area of art, allowing me to broaden my horizons.

Have you seen the letter G? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as all previous entries. Look out for I coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment