Friday 28 April 2017

I've Got Microns!

After months of patience I finally own a set of Micron fineliners!


After the recent celebration of my birthday I was able to add the Pigma Micron pens to my collection, a set of fineliners I have needed for a very long time and been seeking for some months now. The wait has been worth it, in the image above you can see I tried out each and every one of the eight to see how it came out and how well I could handle them.

They are the smoothest fineliners I have yet held and their results are beautiful. I have noticed the Graphic Pen takes longer to try than the rest but that's not a problem with me, it just means taking care not to put any hands on the line art while inking. The brush pen was something I've only experienced with pens for colouring in the past, using a fineliner brush felt very strange but the varying thicknesses will be useful.

As for the 0.05 to 0.8, I've used pens like these before but the Pigma Micron pens worked really well. The lines came so easy, fineliners I've used in the past don't cooperate so well with my hands, which tend to wobble easily when I'm inking.

Because I was only experimenting, I didn't use these to create a piece but instead ink a page full of small sketches that I had recently done. This is just me drawing some Ninja Turtles for improvement. Looking for the style to draw them in (excluding the Drawson style) that I feel portrays them and my artistic abilities best.

No comments:

Post a Comment