Saturday 12 January 2019

Michow Mooble's Fan

Famous stars have got their fans and when they make appearances to the public, they are highly likely to come across some of the more eager fans. This was the case for Michow recently as one of his fans is able to capture a selfie with him!


I promised you an introduction to that unfamiliar face in the audience at his concert so here she is. This is Mona Mohauke, surname pronounced Mohawk... yes it's a terrible pun but I refuse to be ashamed. Mona's a bit of a wild character, wild enough to get past security and catch a selfie with Mooble before she is dragged away!

I'm intrigued in drawing a few more selfies since they are quite slice of life and it would make for a number of cute illustrations, of characters grabbing attention from a camera lens. I had to take a picture of myself for reference so that I could put Mona into the illustration, I've only ever drawn selfies using a selfie stick before.

The colouring is the only thing I had a problem with when doing this piece, I really need to learn to swatch. Michow Mooble turned out just fine in the end but Mona had never been coloured with ink before and so when picking the lightest brown I had to hand at the time, it was too dark! It turned out when colouring Mooble's hair that the brown I had selected was even lighter!

It was by the grace of God that the white pencil was able to make a difference and create enough contrast between skin and hair for Mona, otherwise the result could've been ruined. I actually came back to certain parts with the white pencil such as the clouds and some faint highlights, using a white pen for parts I wanted to look shinier.

This piece overall was a series of ups and downs that resulted in something presentable though it could've had a better result. I might need to work a bit on Mona's design and colour scheme so she doesn't give me so many problems next time, even on the paper she's being a bit troublesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment