Saturday 12 May 2018

Funko Pops - What If?

I think the title explains it all but I'll explain it a little more. While I was doing my style challenge, I thought about doing the Funko Pop style but then I questioned, what if the Droey's Draws characters had Funko Pop figures? Here's what I think they would look like.


I believe on average you can get six in a range before adding more if they sell well. With that in mind I made six of the characters into Funko Pop figurines. From top left to bottom right they are Tenvad Drawson, Droey Drawson, Agrius Moth, Anne Natalie, Ida Noe and John Esposito. Okay so I might have taken a liberty here, I think that two of six are supposed to be variants of pre-existing figurines whereas I have made six original designs.

Tenvad was a simple design though unlike everyone else she has white eyes. I have found out since characters can get coloured eyes as shown on the Starfire Funko. Had I have known this I would have given everyone eyes matching to their iris. Additionally I think her webcam eye might be a bit small for a Funko pop figure but I'd rather not leave anything out.

Droey and John come with props, the Sword of Star and a pizza box respectively. If there was to be a different variation of a character, I assume it would be Droey without his sword. Droey was the first Funko drawn and so the proportions might be a bit off, particularly in the arms. By the time I got around to Anne I had improved considerably.

Agrius was quite fun to work with, though a bit challenging given that he has four arms. I made the upper arms symmetrical and then gave the lower arms their own poses. As a Funko I'm not sure how great Agrius looks but maybe you all have a different opinion.

There's something special about John and Ida's Funkos, I'd love to have these two in particular as collectibles. Though Ida's legs look a bit short and the same for John's beard, I really like their Funkos and would probably grab them the moment I see them on shelves. If only these were real products.

No comments:

Post a Comment