Saturday 17 February 2018

Monopo-Lottie | Introducing Lottie Line

Before I get talking about today's art piece, it's time to introduce you to our new addition to the group. In the middle is Lottie Line, as you can tell she is pretty good with Monopoly. You'll be seeing more of Lottie in the future as well as the rest of Droey and Co.


So Droey, Anne and Lottie have been playing monopoly and as confident as they all are at the game, nobody has quite matched Lottie's ever growing empire. While Droey and Anne are scraping the bottom of their monopoly wallets, Lottie has managed to put hotels around the go square and is raking in all of the money! Only just now has Droey landed on the most expensive property on the board, Lottie could not feel more triumphant!

Okay, I know, there's only two hotels when by the rules there should be hotels on every property on the set (alternatively four houses) so let's just say they ran out of hotels and Lottie kept them one per set!

This was a delight to create! I put work into my perspective, actually using rulers for the proportions on the set! I can do perspective but I'm a little naughty and like to just do free hand perspective because it is tidier to work with.

I made use of my pastel markers to create a base cost for the characters and props. On top of that I used my pencils to shade and form the intended colours. I love how this has made the colours so much bolder. When colouring with pencils, you do little spots where the paper will stay white but by applying the ink first the white is completely absent. You keep the texture and lose to blank space, you can't lose!

The background, like Droey's skin, was coloured solely with pencils and was intended to match the colour of the monopoly board. However I decided while shading it to make a gradient from green to gold, since this piece reflects a glorious moment for Lottie.

Last thing I wanted to mention, as you know Droey sometimes has a t-shirt for specific events or moments, so here's his monopoly shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment