Saturday 26 August 2017

PowerPuff Ducks

Yes you read that right.

This month saw the return of Ducktales, said to be one of Disney's biggest television successes for cartoons. Ducktales was before my time so I never actually knew about it, but did know of some of the characters as they appeared in an old favourite of a PlayStation game 'Donald Duck's Quack Attack'. Naturally upon hearing about it's reboot I was intrigued.

I didn't quite expect myself to take such a huge interest in the reboot as I did. I respect the original version by all means but I must say I favour this modernization of the cartoon. It feels like one of the few reboots that actually works! (yes that might sound rich since I haven't seen the original TV series)

From what I have seen so far, I do love the revamp and applaud it's efforts. So much so that fan art (of sorts) already exists. I was thinking of a way to inspire myself to draw Huey, Dewey and Louie. And then it strangely came to me, don't draw Huey, Dewey and Louie. Draw the PowerPuff Girls!


And there you have it. The PowerPuff Girls cosplaying as the Quack Pack. This was a genuine joy to recreate and I don't know why I hadn't done it sooner than I have. I tried to stick to three colours with this piece but I can't stand inaccuracies and so had to colour Blossom's eyes pink.

Out of the three I think Bubbles turned out best, not that I didn't like how the other two turned out. Which one do you think cosplayed best and would you ever be interested in seeing Webby perhaps force her nephews into cosplaying the PowerPuff Girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment