Friday 18 August 2017

'Risen Like A Phoenix' Character Design Reincarnated

Almost ten years ago, I had recently become a Whovian and was trying to make my own Doctor Who paraphernalia, as I began teaching myself animation. There was this two part serial that played out similar to 'The Daleks' from 1963, set on a cruise ship sailing over either a sun or planet which was mostly magma. Allow me to introduce you to the monster behind this story.


It was actually a friend of mine who came up with this creature, which I created the story and environment for. I only translated the monster into the art style suitable for animating the creature. Although these monsters, of which appeared in two stories, were popular and one of two villains remembered after the series' cancellation, none of the source material remains. All there was is memory of the monster which has now been re-imagined for the pleasure of viewing on this blog post.

And now something that the artists might like to read about, this also (excluding the use of black for the eye) is somewhat a three colour challenge. Using the fiery colours of Yellow, Orange and Red. I was aiming to apply a fiery background to this piece but I feared that all anyone might see is just a fiery blur with red patches here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment