Friday 25 August 2017

Mr. Who | Sketch Dump And More

Here's something a bit more lively than my usual activities, here are some sketches from almost a month ago! I'll be explaining each one from top left to bottom right.


Before we begin, I might as well come out with it. Yes I'm thinking of writing a mini-series as a spin-off to the book series. Maybe it'll become a thing, maybe it won't but I reckon I'm onto something good here.

We start off with poor Mr. Sneeze who is going through the Cyber Conversion process. One of the stories being drafted does involve the Cybermen and so I picked a random (and less advertised) Mr. Man to be drawn as a work in progress Cyberman. Although due to future stories, I might not have Mr. Sneeze go through this, it would be rather funny to see him become a Cyberman, particularly since he does not have arms, would that make him compatible in their eyes?

The next sketch depicts how Mr. Bump (a chosen companion to Dr. Foruth) might join the TARDIS Team. Let's be honest it's got to be some kind of accident and his bandages are often a plot device that lead to his mishaps. This is partly inspired by Captain Jack's reunion with The Doctor in 'Utopia' where he hangs onto the TARDIS as it travels through the vortex.

If anyone is wondering what that small sketch of the TARDIS and a house is, that's a nod to the episode 'Mr. Nonsense Rows To The Moon'. For those who don't remember this episode, Mr. Nonsense actaully rows his house to the moon. I don't know if the laws of Dr. Who could allow this to happen but if it could, then I think this would be a bit more interesting than the Diner TARDIS driven by Clara and Me.

Beneath that one is Anthony Ainley's 'The Master' as depicted by Adam Hargreaves for the Dr. Men books (I'm predicting Dr. Seventh). Beside him is my draft for the Roger Delgado incarnation of The Master. I'm not sure if I did his hair justice though.

Personally I find this the highlight of the whole page!
This colourful piece here is a selfie of the TARDIS Team. For this I am referring to Dr. Fourth, Sarah Jane, Mr. Bump and 'Mr. K9' who has learnt how to hold a phone and take a picture with it. As far a selfies go (drawing them anyway) I am really happy with this one. I think I was able to capture everyone's characteristics on point. I was also able to place some cameos into this picture to make it look like a lively day at the park. I couldn't layer my ink so much with this peice but if I could I would have made the camera flash a bit more obvious, hence Mr. Bump's agony.

Beneath that is a sketch of Mr. Bump at the mercy of Dale The Dalek. When out of options, what else can you do other than offer a jelly baby for peace?


This here is concept art for what can either be taken as a Mr. Men character or a Mr. Who villain. This one is named Mr. Ringmaster. I gave him matching shoes to Dr. Eleventh, and a ring shaped body for obvious reasons. Yes he is carrying a whip which would probably not be a part of his design if he was a Mr. Men character, this will be used to assert his villainy should he appear in Mr. Who.

I don't often design my own Mr. Men, simply because it takes the mind of a Hargreaves to turn any word into one of their colourful family but this was an enjoyable design process. Even though the design stuck to one appearance for the most part.

The last sketch is the TARDIS Team doing one of the most important things required to be a member of such. Running.

I hope you like these sketches, and have possibly grown an interest for the Mr. Who idea.  It won't be sketches on my next post, so if you're not into sketches so much you won't be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment