Sunday 5 February 2017

Tit For Tat | Megasketcher's Farewell



Before I go on to talk about this unusual submission, I'd just like to remind viewers to this blog about the Mix'N'Match Shipping poll, to find out all you need, scroll down to the polls placed in the side bar. You have until the TONIGHT at 18:00 so if you're considering making a vote, be sure to do so before it's too late!

And lastly before we continue, we'll establish one thing. Yes, I'm a still a fan of Thomas; I owe just about everything I am to this character.

I've been cleaning up lately and I happen to come across two old toys stored away. Both of which were variants of the 'Thomas and Friends Megasketcher'. Of course I don't have any intention of keeping them, one was faded and struggling to erase it's work while the other is better off in the hands of another fan. Needless to say I couldn't part with such a sacred item as this before doing one last sketch on it and what with recent events, I knew exactly what to draw.


Recently the television series has made a move believed to have been impossible a few years back. But with the introduction of characters originally from the books once more (Rex, Mike and Bert), they have also adapted stories from their Railway Series book to the television. It only seemed fitting to make the last illustration on a Thomas product, Thomas related. This particular piece being based on the story of 'Tit For Tat' in which the writer of the book himself splashes one of the engines with mud by accident.

This product played a large role in my younger years as it was suitable for me. I could draw as much as I wanted without worrying about mess, only at the cost of erasing work for good. But the paint has faded, the eraser is ageing and pieces are missing. It's time for the Megasketcher to depart, farewell old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment