Saturday 17 August 2019

Red as Roses

You may be thinking that this looks very different from my usual work. That's because it's actually one of DrawingWiffWaffles' colouring in sheets!


I haven't really done colouring in books in years, simply because I prefer to make the art myself. Though I've still got colouring books from my childhood I could finish and present to you, maybe that's worth doing for a post or video.

But when DrawingWiffWaffles announced the release of her line art for colouring I decided to take one and give it a shot. So I took the 'every red supply' piece and coloured in the girl and stop sign with anything red or pink, trying to stay as close to red as possible in the spirit of the challenge. I even made sure the skin tone was as a redder hue.

I didn't colour in the background as I think this would have caused the same problem Waffles had with her attempt at the challenge, with everything being red it all seemed to blend in and lack contrast. If done digitally I could have used some really desaturated reds but with my traditional art supplies I did not have any such tints of red.

Have you tried any of DrawingWiffWaffle's colouring in sheets? If you like colouring in or can't think of anything to draw at the moment, give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment