Saturday 13 April 2019

Sunset Duel

Remember Foey from several months back? If you don't, not to worry because he's back! One evening saw him duelling Droey Drawson far away from the town. He was armed with a knife but Droey was wielding a spoon?


I was inspired to draw a battle with a spoon by that episode of Doctor Who featuring Robin Hood. Of course I'd be wielding the spoon but I couldn't decide who I'd be duelling against until I remembered Foey. As a result I gave him his knife and the two of them did battle near the edge of a cliff.

Another thing I wanted to prioritise was a background, something I'd really like to improve. I was thinking of placing Droey and Foey on a tree trunk but I changed it to a cliff edge with a distant view. The addition of a motorway was to take away from some of the green which would otherwise consume the background, the sa,e goes for the lake. I didn't want the sky to be blue since it would destroy the contrast for Droey. Given that most of Foey's cap broke the border I decided to give the sky a golden sunset with red clouds, it makes a nice change from the usual blue skies.

So Droey's evil counterpart, Foey has returned. Does this mean Plottie's going to make a comeback, only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment