Wednesday 10 April 2019

Protector Of The Pork Pies

I recorded this one for YouTube, I feel the videos prior to this weren't me working at my best so I gave it my all for this one and looking at it, I think it paid off.


The inspiration for this crazy idea comes from a picnic in which the food required protection from the local animals. That's excactly what Lottie's done here and now she is being praised by a group of Pork Pies. I'm sure Lottie's honoured to be declared the protector of the pork pies!

The prop design was simple, take pork pies and turn them into other things. This includes a crown and a staff. I can only assume that the staff can be used as a weapon on both ends so that Lottie can do her protecting. The crown won't actually be made of Pork Pie, neither would the staff, it'd be made of wood and a few bits of paint.

You'll notice that Lottie's looking a little different today. So as to fit the crown on her head, Lottie's ponytail has been undone and she's gracefully let her hair down. Additionally she's done her eyelash differently (okay so that was an illustration error but let's pretend it's not!), her lash usually curves up. She's also got no blush on, that's a first!

Do you ever accidentally illustrate a character incorrectly? I'd be interested to hear how you try to cover it up or excuse little mistakes, what reasons have you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment