Wednesday 20 March 2019

Robot Cosplay!

You know we can't go a year without Droey and his friends cosplaying, so what's the cosplay this time? Anyone remember a Cartoon Network show called Robot Boy?


I discovered it while looking for some robotic themed stuff to draw and loved the cute style of this robot. While looking at images for inspiration, I also found out that there was a female counterpart to this character and she had a lot of similarities to Eliza Barnsley. For those of you unsure of who Eliza Barnsley is, she made her debut on the blog last month helping John at his restaurant.

Droey and Eliza have cosplayed as Robot Boy and Robot Girl respectively for the Technobian Pride parade; though neither of them are Technobian they are there to celebrate with their Technobian friends. Anne Natalie however was expecting to cosplay as Robot Girl as well, and is surprised that Droey twinned with someone else!

This piece was a struggle. I hadn't used my coloured ball point pens on this paper before and it proved to be quite a struggle, perhaps their performance will improve if I get used to it. Then I used my Magicfly markers for the characters, the same pens that were used for Inktober and my goodness they were being problematic this time! I swatched my skin tone and it was a perfect skin tone but once applied to the drawing it tried to bleed and thus came out a much darker orange! You can see part of where it has dried in such a mass that the tone actually darkens, particularly on Anne Natalie's head! I resorted to using a crayola pen for the background, not willing to take anymore changes on this piece with my Magicfly pens.

While a bumpy ride to finish, this cute little piece still tells it's little story and continues the tradition of Droey's cosplaying antics. Are you and a friend cosplaying for anything? If not, why not draw one of your characters dressed up as someone else, be sure to have fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment