Wednesday 14 November 2018

I'll Find You One Day

So I once went to this parlour and had the most amazing Chocolate Brownie ice cream ever. To this day, I have never tasted such flavour again. I recently thought I was going to be reunited with this dessert but alas it was not to be. Okay that sounds more dramatic than need be but I put this idea in my head and I didn't hesitate to try it out!


So I have sepia toned fine liners, only I rarely use them. But given my lost flavour was of the chocolate kind, I thought a sepia toned piece would be perfect and so it was only necessary that I use the sepia fine liners.

The experimental part of this piece was mixing the browns and blues; I wanted this piece to be sepia toned but not completely. I was going for the effect that some kind of sepia tint had been cast over the illustration, so brown would be involved in every part of this illustration. This has a nice effect because one of the colours contrast too much from each other. I stuck to blue and green colours beneath the browns though I still included black since it was a greys ale colour. It was towards the end I brought in some yellow to make the sky and the clouds more interesting. This helped the background to look warmer and complimented the lighting set up really well.

The emblem on Droey's shirt is a chocolate brownie, seemed only fitting because of the missing flavour. But I didn't want his spoon out of the picture, so maybe Droey's always wearing that spoon as a reminder of his quest to be reunited with Chocolate Brownie ice cream? Nah, probably not.

The wind effect was something I tried really hard with and while I forgot to add anything blowing in the wind, I remembered to transform the hair and the grass blades to suit. How do you think I did with the wind? Have a go at drawing a windy illustration, share to the world what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment