Saturday 22 September 2018

Return of the Mermageddon Warrior

Last year I put little effort into an illustration that was never finished, and to this day have had my doubts about it. But now the warrior returns with a much better look in an actually finished artwork!


What you see above is the original Mermageddon Warrior, with a few fishes and a sea monster of some kind, a design which looking back I detest. Both the warrior and the monster have returned with completely new designs and are ready to fight!


I gave the warrior some better warrior sequel clothing, such as a coconut bra and an actual sea diver's helmet, though I did like the original goggles this was a decision for the greater good. Shells were used to create a bit of armour as well as an old blade and I burnt a bit of the tail to show this is not the Mermageddon warrior's first fight. I love the burn effect on the tail, I used maroon and black, though if this was to be applied to a different colour of the spectrum, it might be worth using a mahogany or brown instead.

The sea monster is definitley much better and I did quite literally cut corners by cutting off one of it's tentacles. I kept the devil horns to make this monster more individual but gave it two eyes and a rather eerie mouth. The tentacles were a great difficulty to illustrate but all of them combined have paid off.

I am glad that the Mermageddon warrior piece has finally seen justice through this Draw Again style challenge, though wether or not I try it again next year will remain a mystery. Though there is a possibility you may see the warrior make a return in the future, now they have an image that compares to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment