Wednesday 27 June 2018

Drawing On The Go - Part 2

This is second instalment of a two part series where I draw while in motion! Part one came out a week ago and is available if you have yet to view it.

Last time I drew Batman with two materials on a moving vehicle, no eraser included. On my return journey, I took to the challenge again to draw something different but this time using only a pen! I decided I would draw three of the main cast of Family Guy.


Okay so the really off putting part has to be Brian's nose, I don't know what I was thinking! In fact Brian in general appears to be rather disturbing. It's not so much down to the fact I was on a moving vehicle with no references but down to the fact I must've put less effort into him. 

On the other hand, Peter and Stewie are looking much better. They're at least looking more accurate. I didn't want to try anything too challenging and so just drew the heads of this trio. There's not much at all really to say about this piece and it didn't take that long to create.

I don't think this is better than the Batman piece I did the first time but given it's one of the few times I have inked without the use of pencils, this turned out alright. I'vr got ball pens now so I'll be able to practice sketching with ink which will be a step in the right direction for making more confident lines. Perhaps I should do this piece again in the future to see how I have progressed with making inked lines without a sketch to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment