Friday 23 June 2017

Torso Shapes and Mr. Men?

Over the weekend I had seen a video about using shapes with characters, particularly for moulding the torso. Therefore I did a bit of experimenting with some shapes to create different bodies and even a couple of heads.


Apart from the two in the top right believe it or not, I actually decided to task myself with using shapes formerly used by the cast of 'Mr. Men', where just about the most important element to a character's design would be their shape. You may recognize such shapes as those of Mr. Lazy or Mr. Skinny. One comes from a more recent character, Little Miss Hug.

However because a good amount of the characters share the came oval/circular shape, I did find there was a minor restraint for diversity. But doing this exercise got me thinking, is this just the tip of the iceberg for a batch of humanoid Mr. Men and Little Miss? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, while I don't usually like to 'humanise' personified characters, it's still a fun experimental practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment