Wednesday 18 September 2019

May The Force Be With Foxy

This is Foxy Archi, some of you may have noticed her in the YouTube video from March, about Droey's Spidersona. There's not much you know about her, but I can tell you she knows how the wield a light-saber!


Foxy recently started training with a light-saber and has proven to be an excellent warrior, crossing her is a dangerous idea. However it has become apparent that she is learning the ways of the dark side as the light-saber's crystal has started bleeding, lets hope that purple doesn't turn to red!

I did this illustration using my Ohuhu markers, a black brush pen and my white pen. Firstly I coloured the illustration with the Ohuhu markers, creating areas with purple highlights that would be both the lighting from the light-saber and the reflective lighting. I late went over both of these with the white pen to make the highlight effect more convincing, with the reflective lighting the white has faded enough to look like a weak purple highlight.

Along the bottom of the illustration I used the same dotted effect from the lightsaber lighting to add a gradient that gets lighter. Along the top I used my black brush marker to create light strokes that I would build up in smaller strokes closer to the top to crate a gradient that goes from the deep purple to black.

I have noticed that unfortunately the gradient lighting doesn't cover the entirety of the bottom and actually cuts short a couple of millimeters before the character, which is quite off-putting! Other than that I am very happy with how this illustration has turned out and am looking forward to seeing what my next Ohuhu illustration turns out like. Be sure to come back next time for the conclusion of my trilogy focused on Photoshopping Jazza from Draw With Jazza!

No comments:

Post a Comment