Saturday 27 January 2018

The Alphabet Challenge | Z

Z is for Ziggy


I was in refusal for this challenge to end without doing someone from LazyTown. I considered Sportacus and Robbie Rotten prior to their replacements and third time lucky decided no Z character was more deserving than Ziggy Zweets.

Ziggy was a difficult character to find references for actually, and I had to turn to the cartoon illustration of him as a result. Though when drawing his head I aimed closer to the puppet than the illustration. As you can see, to finish up this challenge I chose to draw Ziggy in the Drawson style, though he is the only one so far to have such tiny eyes!


Ziggy was fun to create, it brought back memories to draw him (I only ever did it once before most probably on a T Shirt about eleven years ago). Given that information, I may consider this the first time I had drawn Ziggy. It took me about a couple of days to have him ready for ink and so his line art would be done the next.

Sadly winter is here and so once it gets dark (which I savour mid afternoon), it is incredibly unwise to ink your illustrations with a colour like yellow or a skin tone. Anything brighter than orange or equal to a pastel colour and it's not worth the risk I reckon. The next day I used my daylight to ink Ziggy, using my brush markers (felt tips for the blues and skin tone) and Ziggy was at last completed.

And that's it, the Alphabet Challenge has been completed! My schedule had me complete this challenge through the course of 2017, though only by now have you been able to see entrants Y and Z. I will some time soon make a post dedicated to my hindsight for the Alphabet Challenge for those of you who may be considering this challenge yourselves.

Have you seen the letter Y? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as previous entries. This is Droey Drawson, thanking you all for sticking around through this challenge. Look out for future content coming every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment