Sunday 21 January 2018

Iron Jaiden and The Oddfather

I created this a couple of months ago, in fact I might even have been one of the first to make some fan art of DrawWithJazza's second YouTube heroes collection. I had watched some of TheOddOnesOut's videos before and was already a fan of JaidenAnimations so that particular video was a real treat for me.

With these two animators receiving avatars in this collection, I couldn't resist making a comic book cover style illustration.


Coming up with a pose for Jaiden was fairly difficult. I knew that what I had in mind was for Jaiden to be coming down on her villain, ready to attack. Ideally the arms were going to be stretched out so w could see both of her finger guns as well as having Ari swooping down from above. However I was struck with inspiration when I saw a cosplayer for the game series 'Tomb Raider', a picture of Lara Croft jumping. She was holding guns as well so it felt like the perfect match for Iron Jaiden.

As for The Oddfather, this required little reference as I had such a vivid image of his pose that I was able to create the majority of it from my memory. Given his pantomime villain-esque look, I had he idea of him crouching over, armed with a weapon and ready to strike back at Iron Jaiden. I gave James a Kusurigami (I hope I am spelling that right) shaped like the microphone on his 'ASMR for villains' book. Because Jazza's design had no clothing besides the cape, I gave James some briefs, though in hindsight I should've given him shorts.

Super Ari was an easy task, one I had the references for him after looking through a few Ari videos. It fun to draw a bird flying but with the use of a cape; perhaps he's gliding, or falling with style. I only wish I had done a better job on the motion lines behind him, to me they look rather messy.

Honestly I had so much fun with this piece and have since been very satisfied with the result. I can't wait to see who Jazza adds to the YouTuber Cinematic Universe next and maybe even make some art from that. Maybe there are more artist YouTubers he is considering?

Jazza is keen to see any fan art of this collection so if you have any, be sure to send it to him, heck maybe even link him to this one. If you have yet to see the YouTuber Cinematic Universe series, I highly recommend that you give them a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment