Saturday 6 January 2018

24 Facial Expressions - Droey Drawson [1 Year Anniversary]

As of today, Droey's Draws has been going for one year! They always say the first years are the hardest when you express your content, well I've made it through the first of them. So here I release what actually inspired me to last month's facial expressions challenge, the original attempt at the challenge.


I could only fit twenty four of them on this sheet, but I have prepared the twenty fifth face and will release it next week. I must thank DrawingWiffWaffles for inspiring me to do this challenge because I have learnt more from it than any other challenge I've tried.

Now I've been drawing characters and faces for the longest time, knowing what sort of expressions to use and such. But I have never sat down and drawn one character in such a wide variety of expressions. Of course when drawing yourself, something like this should be easy since you just have to remember a moment you felt whichever feeling you're drawing.


I must point out it was quite a struggle for some faces, for some you might not even recall having made, yet you probably have. For those you don't remember, you have to put yourselves in a situation where you think you'd act in such a way (not literally) and it's quite an excessive for the brain. This was the case for my flirty face, I can honestly not recall a moment when I have used that face.

Emotional understanding is something I have struggled with, it's thanks to the work of art that I have come to understand he human face and while I've still plenty to learn, I fell I have learnt quite a bit. The same is the case for having learnt during my time on Droey's Draws, if I struggle with anything, it's getting the ball rolling when I have a project to do. I am proud to have kept on drawing all this time and intend to keep on drawing for a long time to come. A few years ago I was almost thrown off creating art and now I am doing it weekly for the world to see. Thank you everyone who has stuck around, I hop  you are happy to continue to stick around and enjoy art of Droey Drawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment