Wednesday 18 December 2019

Snow

Last December I did a once colour challenge involving the snow. Well here's another one with a bit more going on!


I started off with a piece of Droey building a snowman. I was going to have him making a more fabulous looking snow sculpture but Droey's dislike of the snow would probably drive his patience and hold him back! So we have a fairly simple snowman with a nicely sculpted face which I think would be more believable of Droey's capabilities.

Then I thought about the inclusion of Agrius Moth and that's when things got interesting! I was thinking of having Agrius pose for a sculpture but once I finished drawing him I realized there isn't anyone who would be convinced to do such a thing for him, after all Agrius doesn't have any minions!

Agrius does however have a friend who you will only have seen in the Area 51 themed YouTube video who seems to be one to get involved in crazy shenanigans. So I chose to bring back Collin Cloud with a giant snowball that he would be preparing to throw. It seems he and Agrius are either in a snowball fight or are about to ambush someone.

The illustration was done using a sky Uni-ball pen to outline and then some Tombow pens for the colouring. I only added shading to the snow rather than the characters as well, so I could distinguish between the snow and characters more clearly. I would have added colour to the characters to make them standout from the plain border surrounding this artwork but didn't know what to do without potentially throwing off the compoisition's existing qualities.

Not exactly a Christmas themed piece but with only three to go I'm sure the remaining artworks will be very Christmassy. Hope you're beginning to feel ready for Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment