Saturday 14 December 2019

Elf Service

I said I wanted to do some more story based stuff again, well here is a three panel comic strip. But who's that making an appearance at the end!


It was only fair to give Elle a cameo since her series wasn't running this Christmas. It was also a funny concept to have actual elves teaching people how to work as elves you see in shopping malls. In Jansterwick this year, Elle has been chosen to give people training and she's got the help of Chrissie Mason and a less than enthusiastic Gary. Lexi put him up to it most likely, they've got to get some work!

I did this comic strip in black and white, using just a couple of grey tones to make the visuals more interesting. I like how this has turned out and think it looks better than the pure black and white tones used in the Santa and Elle series! Speaking of which, I was concerned about the speech bubbles not standing out well enough so I drew them in red much like the Santa and Elle series' trait of making Santa red.

This comic strip was brilliantly executed and I only wish it had been longer, this story could have gone somewhere or had a brilliant set up. Another time perhaps. We're half way through this month's Christmassy content, with only four more posts to go. I hope you're enjoying this month's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment