Wednesday 16 October 2019

Those Shoes Are Hard To Draw!

I love those 'Draw This In Your Style' pieces, it's a wonderful trend that I don't want to give up, so here's my shot at one of them!


And now here's the original image that inspired this challenge.


Regarding this girl's features and colours I tried to stay as close as possible but wanted to make a slight tweak to the colour scheme. I felt the blue and purple were too close in shade so I tried using lighter tones. Unfortunately the purple was lighter than I expected and resulted in the hair and crop top still being rather similar in tone. In hindsight I feel I should have swapped the colours of the top and leggings, since the yellow makes the trousers look like the vocal point of the design.

My other personal flaw with this reinterpretation is how everything seems so close together, but that's what I get for not giving myself enough space on the page. I would have moved her right arm further out slightly had this not have been the case.

Despite these two minor issues with the aesthetic of my illustration, I really like how this girl has turned out. It's a finish that looks almost like it has been printed and the bold outlines is something I haven't used in a while and dearly missed. I am always content with the results of 'Draw This In Your Style' artworks and look forward to doing this again, I might even create an illustration for you guy to draw in your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment