Saturday 27 July 2019

Look What Anne Made!

Remember that Anne Natalie designs fashion? Well here's a sparkling new creation of hers; even though it's summer she's made a sweater!


So I was just looking for something to draw and saw a picture of someone in love with their sweater, I drew it out and decided it would really suit Anne Natalie. Boy was I right, it really brought out the cute vibe that Anne was originally intended to portray and gave me an opportunity to work with her costume designing habits!

Anne's jumper started off as just a jumper with a couple of pockets and long sleeves. But then I took some suggestions for ways Anne could make her jumper more interesting. This led to the inclusion of safety pins, pom poms and a load of tinsel! What with all the D.I.Y. Anne was getting up to, it became necessary to add a pencil, some scissors and a bit of glue. I even decided to put a plaster on her right leg, maybe something went slightly wrong while she was making it?

The colouring for this piece was pretty experimental as well, I used my Ohuhu markers. The difference is this time I tried blending the markers and when blending any markers, I tend to get nervous. I looked to a DrawingWiffWaffles video for advice, in which she makes an art piece while blending with Ohuhu markers. I followed her method mostly, using the chisel tip where I could to blend the ink.

The leg's ink strangely ended up bleeding over the outline but I was able to clean that up with a white pen. While some areas look less blended than others, I'm satisfied with the result the markers have given me. I used a little pencil in a couple of places for enhancement and then went over the outermost lines of Anne Natalie to make her stand out better.

There was one more thing I chose to do after that, I decided I would add sparkle to the glitter by using my white pen and it worked a treat to make the tinsel more sparkly. I ended up adding this effect all over the jumper as well, I must have gone crazy!

In the end this is a beautiful little composition that I simply had fun playing with. Are you doing any drawings just for the fun of it? Play around a little with your work and see how it affects your outcome, hopefully for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment