Monday 1 May 2017

The Alphabet Challenge | I

I is for Inspector Gadget



I haven't known this character for that long really and I certainly had no memory of watching the show or even knowing about it in my youngest years. But nevertheless it grew on me and I respect both the original and current incarnations of this cartoon. This is actually the first time I've drawn this character or any Inspector Gadget paraphernalia so I'm pretty happy with the results!

This was a fun entry to compose for multiple reasons. Firstly, because of Inspector Gadget's limitless gadgets, I could have drawn this character doing just about anything which gave me a wide list of options for which gadgets I should get him to use. I settled on the classical detective's magnifying glass and police badge and then because temptation told me to, I had to add one of his skis!

The other reason this was such a fun piece to create is that it was made up of materials all brand new. As some of you may know I recently got hold of some Micron liners, but what nobody yet knows is that I also got myself a set of 36 watercolour pencils so that I didn't have to rely on the few old crayola ones I found lying around. It's probably obvious that I'm still learning but watercolour pencils are becoming a quick favourite. I think there are only two places where the colours bleed beyond the outline, but if I ever get hold of some thinner paint brushes that might put an end to the problem.

Have you seen the letter H? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as previous entries. Look out for J coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment