Saturday 18 July 2020

Pete Lee - Into the Peterverse

Fuelled by 'Into The Spiderverse' I wanted to make a Pete Lee piece... I think this might be one of my low points!


As you can see, I resorted to leaving the characters in white and only colouring the background, I was losing motivation for this piece rapidly! The idea was to create six versions of Pete Lee in parody of the six versions of Spiderman we got.

The following versions of Pete Lee from left to right are as goes:

Pete Leepia
Mini Lee
Pete Lee (spider)
Pete Lee
Penny Leah
Baby Pete Lee and his mech

My problem this Pete Lee pieces seems to be the amount of limbs he has, which though a creative choice, does leave me with a lot of think about whenever I am drawing him. It's a shame because he usually looks great and it good for Spiderman parodies but as a design I think he is flawed. I've considered whether or not it's time to give him a new look, but I'm not sure yet.

Do you think Pete Lee could do with a redesign? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment