Saturday 11 July 2020

Me And The Girls

The summer break is almost upon us for British students and Xiomara is enjoying her last days of the school year with fellow students Ariana, Tanyia and Pudding.


I drew this illustration so it could be viewed from three different angles. Supposedly you can look at it from a fourth angle as well but the noses would look out of perspective. If this had been a realism piece then perhaps it would have been possible to view this piece from any four edges without it looking surreal.

I used Tombow pens and Crayola pencils to colour this illustration, which has given it a beautiful effect. I love to colour in this method as the colours are bold but not flat either, it's the closest to a digital result I get! It is also the first time that I have coloured Xiomara's irises which I chose to be green (which would match with her casual outfit).

I've grown fond of drawing these pieces where rather than telling the story, it's just the characters being purely casual. That's not to say I'll stop the story based pieces, I still love to make those! Do you ever draw your characters just for the sake of drawing them? Give it a go, I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment